In continuation of the screening of Ministerial Nominees by the Senate, the Chamber on Monday, July 29, 2019, that is the fourth day of the exercise, received into the Hallowed Chamber and successfully screened nine more Nominees. Accordingly, the Chamber resolved into the Committee of the Whole for the question and answer session which lasted eight hours.
The sessions, (Morning Session 10:00am – 12:45pm) and the (Afternoon Session 2:00pm – 7:20pm) culminated in the screening of the nine more Nominees.
This has brought the total number of Nominee screened to 40 out of the 43 presented to the Upper Legislative Chamber by President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday, July 23, 2019. Those screened during today’s plenary session include:
1) Babatunde Raji Fashola – Lagos State.
2) Dr. Muhammad Mahmoud – Kaduna State.
3) Sen. Gbemisola Saraki – Kwara State.
4) Rauf Aregbesola – Osun State.
5) Goody Jedy Agba – Cross River State.
6) Engr. Sulaiman H. Adamu – Jigawa State.
7) Amb. Maryam Katagum – Bauchi State.
8) Clement IK Anade Agba – Edo State.
9) Geoffrey Onyeama – Enugu State.
However, the screening of the remaining three Nominees is expected to be completed on Tuesday, July 30, 2019. This would subsequently be followed by the ultimate confirmation or otherwise of the 43 Nominees one after another based the discretion of the Red Chamber.
The Chamber has accordingly adjourned session to Tuesday, July 30, 2019.